Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for internships with Science for Peace. Interns have played a critical function in the organization's peace education research and knowledge dissemination.
What is involved?
We offer university students an opportunity to further their understanding of peace and sustainability issues and gain research and/or administrative experience.
The term of the internship is open. You may wish to commit yourself to one term of four months or opt for a longer posting. You can normally expect to spend three or four hours a week on the internship.
Interns will have one or more of the following responsibilities:
· Help coordinate one working group or initiative
· Participate in a research project, for example, the history of Science for Peace
· Assist in event organization
· Utilize social media to increase the reach of the organization’s work
We look for motivated and knowledgeable students with an aptitude for research, writing for a general audience, and social media.
Benefits of Internship
· Project management experience and professional skills
· Access to working group and other activities and events
· Publication opportunities on the SfP website
· Free membership in SfP for one year
· A reference letter from the president of the association attesting to your work and motivation
· If you complete an approved 2,000 world article for our website, you’ll receive an honorarium of $500